Frequently Asked Questions
Submitting an Order
+How do I complete your order form?
Our order form is available to download on our Submit Samples page.
- Complete all fields on the Billing and Shipping tab.
- On the Samples List tab, start by entering your unique Sample IDs. Please enter one ID per section to be prepared. For example, if you require two sections from the same sample, please enter the Sample ID twice in the list.
- For each sample listed, enter the pertinent preparation options under each column. Examples for all common preparations are found under the Prep Examples tab.
- Please include a hard copy in your shipping box, and also email an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. We copy-paste your information to avoid transcription errors.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us at email@example.com. All order forms are reviewed upon submission, and we will always check with you if anything seems unusual.
+How should I package my samples for shipment?
- Clearly mark each sample with a unique Sample ID. Writing on the sample itself with a Sharpie is a great way to ensure your IDs and samples don’t become separated. Please outline any area of interest and specify orientations. If you can’t write on the sample, place it in a clearly marked sample bag.
- Securely wrap fragile samples - use bubble wrap, paper towels, etc. Please use tape if necessary to secure, but don’t go overboard with multiple layers.
- Fill any remaining space in your package with packing material to prevent jostling and breakage.
- Remember to include a hard copy of your order forms! Please also email an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
+Should I trim my samples myself? To what size and dimensions?
We are happy to trim your samples for you, and will stabilize fragile samples with epoxy prior to trimming. The cost for sample trimming/stabilization is included in the base price.
If you prefer to trim your samples yourself, please use the following dimensions: For standard size slides (27 x 46mm glass ), trim samples to 21mm wide x 40mm long x 1.5cm HIgh. For Large size slides (50 x 76mm glass), trim samples to 46mm wide x 70mm long x 1.5cm deep.
Samples are trimmed slightly smaller than glass size to allow room for a quartz/feldspar sand rim, which serves many important purposes.
+Will you notify me when my samples are received?
We will notify you via email when your order is logged in for processing. This typically occurs on weekends, unless you submit a rush order, which will be logged in immediately upon receipt.